12th Annual National LATINA Symposium to Celebrate Women’s Empowerment
Washington, D.C. [CapitalWirePR] September 4, 2015 – LATINA Style Inc., in partnership with Parents Step Ahead (PSA), will host the 12th Annual National LATINA Symposium – a national platform for Latina professionals addressing the most pressing issues affecting the Hispanic woman in the United States. The Symposium will be held on Wednesday, September 9, 2015 from 7:30 am – 3:30 pm at the Renaissance & Residence Inn Arlington Capital View | 2800 South Potomac Avenue | Arlington, VA 22202. Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez will deliver the welcoming remarks.
The Symposium ascertains, through round-table discussions, as well as in-depth surveys, the status of the Latina professional working woman in the United States. Speakers include: U.S. officials from local and federal government, the White House, Intel, Walmart, Shell Oil Company, General Motors, Nationwide, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Comcast Corporation, Wyndham Worldwide, Central Intelligence Agency, Office of Personnel Management, APCO Worldwide, Amtrak, Prudential, and ETS.
The highlight of the event is the Distinguished Military Service Awards Luncheon. LATINA Style is proud to present the only national awards program honoring Latina military and civilian personnel who through their service have enhanced the role of Latinas in their organizations. The 2015 honorees are:
- United States Army, First Lieutenant Luisa F. Tobon, Mrs. Catherine L. Gutierrez (CIV)
- United States Air Force, Captain Angelica F. Cornejo, Ms. Rachel M. Quesada (CIV)
- United States Coast Guard, Captain Maria-Paz Ugarte Smith, Mrs. Marilyn Fajardo (CIV)
- United States Marine Corps, Master Sergeant Maria E. Florentino, Ms. Maria Y. Santos (CIV)
- United States Navy, Lieutenant Commander Erika C. De La Parra Gehlen, Ms. Myriam Pata (CIV)
- United States National Guard Bureau, Master Sergeant Hiliana P. Suarez, Air National Guard, Staff Sergeant Melanye Ramirez, Army National Guard
United States Military Academy’s Honorees are:
- United States Military Academy, Cadet Mariah Caid-Loos
- United States Air Force Academy, Cadet 1C Serenna M. Ortiz
- United States Naval Academy, Midshipmen 2/C Gabrielle de Leon
- United States Coast Guard Academy, Ensign Victoria Diaz
The luncheon will take place from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and is the stage for the presentation of the President’s Award’s to honor Admiral Michelle Howard, Vice Chief of Naval Operations, and Ms. Irma Edys Fuentes, U.S. Coast Guard, in recognition of their distinguished service to our country and exemplary work as a female role model. Admiral Michelle Howard, Vice Chief of Naval Operations will provide the keynote remarks.
The 2015 National LATINA Symposium sponsors are: Intel, PepsiCo, Walmart, Shell Oil Company, General Motors, Nationwide, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Comcast Corporation, Wyndham Worldwide, Central Intelligence Agency, and CapitalWirePR. Official Airline: Southwest Airlines.
For further information about the Symposium or to register, please visit www.nls.latinastyle.com, or call (214) 357-2186. Registration has been extended through September 4th; register today to secure your admission – Attendance is Limited.