New Leadership Development Program and Research Initiative
The Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility (HACR) Continues to Push for Career Advancement for Hispanics Through New Leadership Development Program and Research Initiative.
Washington, D.C. (CapitalWirePR) October 22, 2015 -The Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility (HACR), one of the nation’s leading organizations for the inclusion of Hispanics in Corporate America, is hosting its 2015 HACR Leadership Pipeline Program (LPP) and HACR STEM Initiative on November 2-3 at the Marriott Marquis in Washington, D.C.
The HACR LPP was created to develop mid-level Hispanic executives from HACR Corporate Member and Fortune companies. The HACR LPP provides a unique opportunity for participants to engage in business sessions and development workshops, while learning best practices and managerial skills from high-level Hispanic executives and other business experts.
Among the business sessions included in the HACR LPP are:
- Practical Genius Playbook-by Gina Rudan, diversity business partner, Google Inc. and author, Practical Genius.
- Business Case Study: Nonprofit Board Engagement-by Dr. William Klepper, professor of Management at the Columbia Business School.
- Leadership with a Latino Lens-led by Juana Bordas, president of Mestiza Leadership International.
- Ten Strategies for Promoting Yourself-conducted by Robert Rodriguez, author of Latino Talent: Effective to Recruit, Retain, and Develop Hispanic Professionals.
The HACR LPP will also provide participants with significant exposure to corporate leaders and invaluable insights to be successful in Corporate America.
“We are pleased to launch the HACR LPP. It compliments HACR’s suite of professional development programs by offering the means for Hispanic mid-level managers to acquire the necessary skills and professional development to move into the ranks of corporate executives,” said HACR President and CEO Cid D. Wilson. “We hope this is the beginning of a successful program aimed at helping us achieve our mission to advance the inclusion of Hispanics in Corporate America.”
Running concurrently with the HACR LPP, the HACR Research Institute will present its latest research initiative, which focuses on Hispanics in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). This initiative was created to better understand the barriers that hinder the professional progression of Hispanics in STEM fields.
The HACR STEM Initiative will feature business sessions that provide Hispanics in STEM, corporate leaders, and business experts the opportunity to understand the barriers that limit Hispanic inclusion and the ways in which some companies have tried to overcome these barriers to improve diversity and Hispanic inclusion in STEM fields.
The STEM business sessions include panels focused on the following topics:
- Identifying Opportunities in STEM Education
- Recruiting Top Hispanic Talent to Your Company
- Fueling the Corporate Pipeline with Hispanics
- ERG-Led STEM Initiatives in the Hispanic Community
- Latinas in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- The Community Spotlight
“The future of Corporate America is increasingly reliant on STEM careers and we need to ensure that Hispanics are included in this growing sector,” said Wilson. “The HACR STEM Initiative serves as a guide to help increase Hispanic representation in the STEM pipeline and will provide recommendations on how we can promote the advancement of Hispanics working in those fields.”
To register for the 2015 HACR LPP, visit www.hacr.org.
To register for the STEM Initiative, click www.hacr.org.
For more information about the HACR LPP or STEM Initiative please email Emma Etheridge at [email protected].